Tuesday, January 20, 2015

WHAT WORD WILL CHANGE YOUR LIFE??


Doing some re-thinking in this New Year.  I'm not one for making "resolutions" because  I end up not keeping them any way

So as I started doing my reading through the Bible in the Year,  I found some other devotional apps that I downloaded 
my YouVersion Bible App.  

 One is called "One Word That Will Change Your Life."   This is only a 5 day plan, but it's jam-packed with 
thought provoking ideas.    Reading the Scripture, you are encouraged to see what word stands out that the Lord is
trying to get you to think about and apply for the year.  

Already the Lord has spoken to my heart with one simple word----LISTEN!!   The word LISTEN entails many different 
aspects.  

#1  LISTEN to my Word - Read it daily and seek what it is that I'm trying to tell you.

#2 LISTEN to My still small voice -  When you pray to Me, listen to what I'm saying to you.  It will always be based
on my Word.  But it takes being quiet in order to hear.

#3 LISTEN to those around you.   First of all, those in your family who are closest to you. Second, to those around you in church,
work, or wherever you find yourself.   Don't always be the talker!!   Be a listener ---a listener cares and hears and takes
action.

Well that's what I'm learning so far.  and it's only the 3rd week of 2015.  What else do you want me to hear from 
you, Lord?   May I be willing to hear and act upon what I hear.     

I Samuel 3:10  "And the Lord came, and stood, and called as at other times, Samuel Samuel.  Then Samuel answered, Speak; for thy servant heareth."

Psalm 27:4 "One thing have I desired of the Lord that will I seek after; that I may dwell in he house of the Lord
all the days of my life to behold the beauty of the Lord and to enquire in His temple"

It took Samuel three times to actually respond to the Lord speaking to him.   Sometimes it takes us a while, 
but then we get the hang of things.    

Listen----He's trying to tell you something.  Just wait and see!

1 comment:

Deborah Bolton said...

Blessing. You are a blessing, dear Georgia. I am going to listen too. I have been intentionally trying to listen to people better, instead, as you said, always being the talker. I have struggled more with being in God's word this year. He needs to be first, and I have been busier, because I don't sit as much. Thank you for listening to the Lord about writing this, because I needed what you wrote. Love, Debby