Thursday, January 2, 2014

GEORGIA'S PROMISE ROOM/ Devotions From The Heart


"Whereby are given unto us exceeding great and precious promises: that by these ye might be partakers of the divine nature..." 2 Peter 1:4a

Sing A Long With Me  

"Standing on the PROMISES of Christ my King,
Through eternal ages let His praises ring;
Glory in the highest I will shout and sing,
Standing on the PROMISES of God.
Standing, standing, 
Standing on the PROMISES of God my Saviour
Standing, Standing,
I'm standing on the PROMISES of God"


When someone makes us a promise, we most generally can count on that promise, can't we? I mean, who wants to hear someone promise you something, and not follow through? We've all had broken promises throughout our lives, whether intentional or accidental. But, nevertheless, when it's broken, there's a void.  Your trust in that person has been broken also. You're afraid to ever trust again, right? Well, I can guarantee you one thing for certain. There is SOMEONE who is a Class #1 PROMISE KEEPER and that is Jesus Christ. Journey along with me for a page filled with promises that will never end. In fact, they'll take YOU into eternity!!!


"And being fully persuaded that, what he had PROMISED, he was able also to perform." Romans 4:21

     
A children's song many years was full of truth about Promises. 


I am a PROMISE
I am a possibility
I am a PROMISE with a capital "P"
I am a great, big bundle of potentiality
And if I listen, 
I can hear God's voice
And if I let Him
He'll help me make the right choice
I am a Promise to be..
Everything God wants me to be!!!"


Joshua 1:3 "I will give you every place you set your foot, as I promised."

Besides the literal ground still unoccupied for Christ, there is before us the unclaimed and unwalked territory of God's promises. What did God say to Joshua? "I will give you every place where you set your foot, as I promised." Then He set the boundaries of the Land of Promise---all theirs on one condition: they must march across its length and breadth, measuring it off with their own feet.

Yet they never marched across more than one third of the land, and as a consequence, they never POSSESSED more than that one third. They possessed only what they measured off and no more.

In 2 Peter 1;4 we read, "He has given us his very great and precious promises." The land of God's promises is open before us, and it is His will for us to possess it. We must measure off the territory with the feet of obedient faith and faithful obedience, thereby claiming and appropriating it as our own.

How many of us have ever taken possession of the promises of God in the name of Christ? The land of His promises is a magnificent territory for faith to claim by marching across its length and breadth, but faith has yet to do it.

Let us enter into and claim our total inheritance. Let us lift our eyes to the north, south, east, and west and hear God say, "All the land that you see I will give to you" (Genesis 13:14).

---------Arthur Tappan Pierson

Where ever the tribe of Judah set their feet would be theirs, and wherever the tribe of Benjamin set their feet would be theirs, and so on. Each tribe would receive their inheritance by setting foot upon a given territory, they instantly and instinctively felt, "This is ours"?

An elderly black man who had a wonderful testimony of grace was once asked, "Daniel, how is it that you exhibit such peace and joy in your faith?" "Oh, sir!" he replied. "I just fall flat on God's 'very great and precious promises,' and I have all that is in them. Glory! Glory!" One who falls flat on God's promises knows that all the riches abiding in them are his.

------from Faith Papers

The Marquis of Salisbury, an English statesman and diplomat, upon being criticized for his colonial policies, replied, "Gentlemen, get larger maps."

The above was taken from "Streams In The Desert" by Mrs. Charles (L.B.) Cowman

Hebrews 10:23 "Let us hold fast the profession of our faith without wavering; (for he is faithful that PROMISED)".

Hebrews 11:11 "Through faith also Sara herself received strength to conceive seed, and was delivered of a child when she was past age, because she judged him faithful who had PROMISED."


    

There shall be showers of blessing
This is the PROMISE of love
There shall be seasons refreshing
Sent from the Saviour above.
Showers of blessing, 
Showers of blessing we need
Mercy drops round us are falling,
But for the showers we plead

Some fantastic promises from God's Word to you.

1.  A Promise Of A Savior
Micah 5:2 "But, thou, Bethlehem Ephratah, though thou be little among the thosands of Judah, yet out of thee shall he come forth unto me that is to be ruler in Israel; whose goings forth have been from of old, from everlasting."

Luke 2:10,11 "And the angel said unto them, Fear not: for, behold, I bring you good tidings of great joy, which shall be to all people. For unto you is born this day in the city of David, a Savioiur, which is Christ the Lord.."

 2.  A Promise Of A Comforter
John 14:26 "But the Comforter, which is the Holy Ghost, whom the Father will send in my name, he shall teach you all things, and bring all things to your remembrance, whatsoever I have said unto you."

Acts 2:2,4 "And suddenly there came a sound from heaven as of a rushing mighty wind, and it filled all the house where they were sitting. And they were all filled with the Holy Ghost and began to speak with other tongues, as the Spirit gave them utterance."

3.  A Promise Of A Kingdom
James 2:5 "Hearken, my beloved brethren, Hath not God chosen the poor of this world rich in faith, and heirs of the kingdom which he hath promised to them that love him?"

 4.   A Promise of Life Eternal
Titus 1:2 "In hope of eternal life, which God, that cannot lie, promised before the world began.."

5.   Promise Of A Crown Of Life
James 1:12 "Blessed is the man that endureth temptation: for when he is tried, he shall receive the crown of life, which the Lord hath promised to them that love him."

6.   A Promise Of A New Earth/Heaven
2 Peter 3:13 "Nevertheless we, according to his promise, look for new heavens and a new earth, wherein dwelleth righteousness."

Revelation 21:1 "And I saw a new heaven and new earth; for the first heaven and the first earth were passed away; and there was no more sea..."

Revelation 22:1-5 "And he shewed me a pure river of water of life, clear as crystal, proceeding out of the throne of God and of the Lamb.

In the midst of the street of it, and on either side of the river, was there the tree of life, which bare twelve manner of fruits, and yielded her fruit every month; and the leaves of the tree were for the healing of the nations.

And there shall be no more curse; but the throne of God and of the Lamb shall be in it and his servants shall serve him;

And they shall see his face; and his name shall be in their foreheads.

And there shall be no night there; and they need no candle neither light of the sun; for the Lord God giveth them light; and they shall reign for ever and ever."

7.   A Promise To See Our Saviour First Of All

I John 3:2 "Beloved, now are we the sons of God, and it doth not yet appear what we shall be; but we know that, when he shall apear, we shall be like him; for we shall see him as he is.."

       
"When my lifework is ended, and I cross the swelling tide, 
When the bright and glorious morning I shall see;
I shall know my Redeemer when I reach the other side,
And His smile will be the first to welcome me.
I shall know Him, 
I shall know Him,
And redeemed by His side I shall stand,
I shall know Him, 
I shall know Him
By the print of the nails in His hand.


After all.. isn't that what heaven should and will be for us. JESUS---our precious Lord and Savior, forever and always in His presence  loving, worshipping and praising the One who gave His all for us.

My prayer is that you all DO know my Jesus.. If you don't, your life must be so empty. Look and read all these promises again that God has given to those who are His.   But most of all, and above all  He gave us His very best. Jesus Christ, the same yesterday, today, and forever. He never changes.  His promises are from everlasting and He loves you more than you'll ever know.

Please drop me a line.   I would love to share with you all about my special precious Lord and how you, too, can be blessed beyond measure because what He has done for you.

Need some questions answered?  Check out the link below.   You'll plenty of answers to most of your questions.  



No comments: