Wednesday, February 10, 2010

ARE YOU BLUE??

-->

Have there just been times when you felt so blue and empty and lonely as though there was no one who loved you, heard you or even cared that you existed???
I think we've all been there one time or another. Or perhaps, with you....it's been many, many times. Or.....maybe you're there right now and are just wishing something.....someone.....somewhere....would be there just for YOU!!!
Well, I've got Someone just like that...who cares, loves you more than anyone in the world, and will be there anytime, anyplace through thick and thin!!!
That SOMEONE.....is my Jesus....and with this page, through inspirational poems, scripture and song, I hope to give you some comfort and peace and joy...There's a song that says..."Only Jesus can satisfy your soul....only He can cleanse your heart and make you whole". Believe me...from personal experience...ONLY Jesus is absolutely true. He can be that wonderful Friend and Comfort that you're seeking right now..

Footprints

One night a man had a dream. He dreamed he was walking along the beach with the LORD. Across the sky flashed scenes from his life. For each scene, he noticed two sets of footprints in the sand; one belonged to him and the other to the LORD.
When the last scene of his life flashed before him, he looked back at the footprints in the sand. He noticed that many times along the path of his life there was only one set of footprints. He also noticed that it happened at the very lowest and saddest times in his life.
This really bothered him and he questioned the LORD about it. "LORD, you said that once I decided to follow you you'd walk with me all the way. But I have noticed that during the most troublesome times in my life, there is only one set of footprints. I don't understand why when I needed you most you would leave me."
The LORD replied, "My precious, precious child, I love you and would never leave you. During your times of trial and suffering, when you see only one set of footprints, it was then that I carried you."

Written by Margaret Fishback Powers Copyright, 1964.


I'm too tired to trust and too tired to pray,
Said I, as my overtaxed strength gave way.
The one conscious thought that my mind possessed,
Is, oh, could I just drop it all and rest.
Will God forgive me, do you suppose,
If I go right to sleep as a baby goes,
Without questioning if I may,
Wtihout even trying to trust and pray?
Will God forgive you? Think back, dear heart,
When language to you was an unknown art,
Did your mother deny you needed rest,
Or refuse to pillow your head on her breast?
Did she let you want when you could not ask?
Did she give her child an unequal task?
Or did she cradle you in her arms,
And then guard your slumber against alarms?
Oh, how quickly a mother's love can see,
The unconscious yearnings of infancy.
When you've grown too tired to trust and pray,
When overworked nature has quite given way:
Then just drop it all, and give up to rest,
As you used to do on mother's breast,
He knows all about it---the dear Lord knows,
So just go to sleep as a baby goes;
Without even asking if you may,
God knows when His child is too tired to pray.
He judges not solely by uttered prayer,
He knows when the yearnings of love are there.
He knows you do pray, He knows you do trust,
And He knows, too, the limits of poor, weak dust.
Oh, the wonderful sympathy of Christ,
For His chosen ones in that midnight tryst.
When He told them, "Sleep and take your rest,"
While on Him the guilt of the whole world pressed--
You have trusted your life to Him to keep,
Then don't be afraid to go right to sleep. 

-----------------Ella Conrad Cowherd.

Remember......
God created you...
every little detail about you.
He gave you life...
and special gifts
to fulfill a unique purpose
in this world..
a mission He planned
just for you.
God knows you better
and loves you more
than anyone ever could.
He is your wise Father
and faithful friend,
who takes great joy in you.

FOR TEARS....
I am grateful, God, for tears. For the ability to cry.
How marvelously you made us that we are equipped with this way to express our emotions.
Quick tears to relieve the sudden hurt. Or for the times when we are touched, too moved to speak.
Or when deeper sorrows come, that we have this fierce and wonderful cleansing. This release that helps to wash away the very grief our crying demonstrates.
How you must love us that you thus provided for us. No other being has it, no insect, bird or beast. Only man and woman made in your likeness.
We are the only creatures who can cry.

Jesus wept, as we weep. Our very tears are testimony to your fatherhood. We too are your sons and daughters.
Thank you for this proof, and for this healing outlet, the ability to cry.
----------Marjorie Holmes

A child of God was once overwhelmed by the number of afflictions that seemed to target her. As she walked past a vineyard during the rich glow of autumn, she noticed its untrimmed appearance and the abundance of leaves still on the vines. The ground had been overtaken by a tangle of weeds and grass, and the entire place appeared totally unkempt. While she pondered the sight, the heavenly Gardener whispered such a precious message to her that she could not help but share it.
The message was this: "My dear child, are you questioning the number of trials in your life? Remember the vineyard and learn from it. The gardener stops pruning and trimming the vine or weeding the soil only when he expects nothing more from the vine during that season. He leaves it alone, because its fruitfulness is gone and further effort now would yield no profit. In the same way, freedom from suffering leads to uselessness. Do you now want me to stop pruning your life? Shall I leave you alone?"
Then her comforted heart cried, "NO!"
------Homera Homer-Dixon

Dear restless heart, be still; don't fret and worry so;
God has thousand ways His love and help to show;
Just trust, and trust, and trust, until His will you know.
Dear restless heart, be still, for peace is God's own smile,
His love can every wrong and sorrow reconcile;
Just love, and love, and love, and calmly wait awhile.
Dear restless heart, be brave; don't moan and sorrow so,
He has a meaning kind in chilly winds that blow;
Just hope, and hope, and hope, until you braver grow.
Dear restless heart, recline upon His breast this hour,
His grace is strength and life, His love is bloom and flower;
Just rest, and rest, and rest, within His tender power.
Dear restless heart, be still! Don't struggle to be free;
God's life is in your life, from Him you may not flee;
Just pray, and pray, and pray, till you have faith to see.
----------------Edith Willis Linn
 I ASKED GOD... 

I asked God to take away my pain.
God said, No.
It is not for me to take away,
but for you to give it up.
I asked God to make my handicapped child whole.
God said, No.
Her spirit was whole,
her body was only temporary.
I asked God to grant me patience.
God said, No.
Patience is a by-product of tribulations;
it isn't granted, it is learned.
I asked God to give me happiness.
God said, No.
I give you blessings.
Happiness is up to you.
I asked God to spare me pain.
God said, No.
Suffering draws you apart from worldly cares and
brings you closer to me.
I asked God to make my spirit grow.
God said, No.
You must grow on your own,
but I will prune you to make you fruitful.
I asked for all things that I might enjoy life.
God said, No.
I will give you life so that
you may enjoy all things.
I ask God to help me LOVE others,
as much as he loves me.
God said...Ahhhh, finally you
have the idea.


Please..let these wonderful old hymns minister to your soul today!!!

"Be still my soul..the Lord is on Thy side
Bear patiently the cross of grief or pain..
Leave to thy God to order and provide
Through every change, He faithful will remain..
Be still my soul! Thy best, thy heavenly Friend,
Through thorny ways leads to a joyful end."

No one understands like Jesus,
He's a friend beyond compare
Meet Him at the throne of mercy
He is waiting for you there..
No one understands like Jesus..
When the days are dark and grim;
No one is so near, so dear as Jesus..
Cast your every care on Him."

"Is there a heart o'er bound by sorrow?
Is there a life weighed down by care?
Come to the cross----each burden bearing,
All your anxiety...leave it there..
All your anxiety,
All your care
Bring to the mercy seat..Leave it there;
Never a burden He cannot bear.
Never a friend like Jesus."


"I come to the garden alone,
While the dew is still on the roses;
And the voice I hear, falling on my ear,
The Son of God discloses.
And He walks with me, and He talks with me,
And He tells me I am His own;
And the joy we share as we tarry there,
None other has ever known."

He giveth more grace as the burden grows greater.
He sendeth more strength when the labors increase
To added affliction He addeth His mercy..
To multiplied trials, His multiplied peace.
His love has no limit;
His grace has no measure;
His pow'r has no boundary known unto men...
For out of His infinite riches in Jesus,
He giveth
And giveth...
And giveth again."

Every person and every nation must endure lessons in God's school of adversity. In the same way we say, "Blessed is the night, it reveals God's comfort." A flood once washed away poor man's home and mill, taking with it everything he owned in the world. He stood at the scene of his great loss, brokenhearted and discouraged. Yet after the waters had subsided, he saw something shining in the riverbanks that the flood had washed bare. "It looks like gold," he said. And it was gold. The storm that had impoverished him made him rich. So it is oftentimes in life.
----------Henry Clay Trumbull.

REMEMBER, you're NEVER alone and there's ALWAYS hope as long as Jesus is alive.....and you know what???    He still is...and because He lives, we ALL can face tomorrow...
And, don't forget...you have a friend here who cares for you too!

No comments: